Scientist Uses Physics to Dethrone Dracula, Spooks
Using science instead of a wooden stake or garlic, Costas Efthimiou has metaphorically killed Count Dracula, the most famous vampire of all, said to originate from the Transylvania mountains of Bulgaria's neighbour Romania.
If each vampire drank the blood of one person every month, turning him into a vampire too, Efthimiou explains, simple math shows that everyone on the planet should have been turned into a vampire by now.
The scientists doesn't stop there but also tackles Casper the friendliest ghost and all his non-material friends, explaining that if ghosts were to leave footsteps in dusty rooms and be seen, then they must be made of some substance. But passing through a wall implies lack of any substance whatsoever, Efthimiou argues, so ghosts are nothing but a myth.
Even so, many may prefer to fear and respect a myth rather than face it in reality armed with just numbers and physics.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Health Introduces Three New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Golden Autumn, Up to 35 Degrees in October
- » Anti-Government Protests in Bulgaria, Day 83
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 276 Newly Registered Cases, 20547 Total
- » New COVID-19 Outbreak in a Sewing Factory in Bulgaria's City Aytos
- » Researchers Developed A Cheaper and Faster COVID-19 Test