Gay, Lesbian Forum Welcomes Bulgaria to the EU
Hosting the forum in Bulgaria shows how much we trust the country and is a testament to its level of tolerance, organizers have said.
Foreign ambassadors in Bulgaria, including Spain's Fernando Arias Gonzalez and the Netherlands' Willem van Ee, inaugurated the forum, which will continue through October 29.
This year's conference welcomed about 300 delegates from all over Europe, including representatives of leading human rights organizations, OSCE, the European Council, MPs from European Parliament and the Council of Europe.
The delegates will debate topics under the motto "We are Family - Our families in Europe and the European family".
Sofia mayor Boyko Borrissov, who has turned into the epitome of manliness in Bulgaria's political life, has also been invited to the forum, but turned down the invitation, sending a congratulatory address instead.
ILGA Europe is a non-governmental organization with more than 200 advocacy gay organizations from Europe. Bulgarian Gay Organization Gemini has been member of ILGA since its establishment in 1992. Other Bulgarian organizations that are members of ILGA Europe are Queer Bulgaria Foundation and Bilitis Resources Centre for Lesbians.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 76: Grand National Uprising 3
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total