Sunshine Marks "Winter Herald" in Orthodox Bulgaria
According to Christian mythology, St Dimitar, "master of frost and snow", rides a red horse and the year's first snowflakes fall from his white beard.
On that day people who bear the name Dimitar, Dimitrina, Mitko or Dimo traditionally gather friends and family to, celebrate their Name's Day.
Three of Bulgaria's cities - Sliven, Vidin and Radomir also mark their official holiday on this day.
Construction workers join the celebrations as October 26 is their professional holiday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 76: Grand National Uprising 3
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total