PRIME MINISTER LIONEL JOSPIN ANNOUNCED WEDNESDAY THAT HE WOULD CHALLEN...
World | February 21, 2002, Thursday // 00:00
Prime Minister Lionel Jospin announced Wednesday that he would challenge incumbent Jacques Chirac for the French presidency in upcoming elections, ending months of shadow-boxing that has turned off voters. Jospin, a Socialist who has shared power for five years with the conservative Chirac under a prickly power-sharing system, declared his bid in a two-page statement put out by his party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 396 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia will deploy Tactical Nukes in Belarus
- » Day 395 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Moscow’s Advance in Bakhmut is Slowing Down
- » Biden: US does not seek Conflict with Iran but will respond "Forcefully" to protect its Personnel
- » Day 394 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West must Prepare for a Long War, according to NATO Chief
- » North Korea tested an Underwater Nuclear-Capable Attack Drone
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots