Bulgarians, French Join Efforts in Kidney Transplantation
The explantation of the mother's kidney has already been completed successfully and the donor feels well, the doctors said.
Experts recommend kidney transplantations to be done at childhood age because children rehabilitate and adapt faster.
In France such transplantations have been carried out for 30 years. 85% of them are from dead donors. The tendency is towards kidney transplantation from live donors. The risk for the donor is 0.003%, neurologists from the team said.
About 90% of the transplantations are successful, they added.
This is the second kidney transplantation along the lines of the Bulgarian - French cooperation. The one, carried out in December 2005, has ended up successful.
About Bulgarian 25 kids are awaiting kidney transplantation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 76: Grand National Uprising 3
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total