Heating Workers Stumble Upon Ancient Tombs in Sofia
Two tombs that were most likely connected with the West Serdika necropolis were unearthed in the digs, bTV reported.
Thrilled by the discovery, archeologists explained that the 2-meter-deep tombs were full of human remains, but most had been disturbed. There was just one intact skeleton, experts said.
Despite initial rumors that this could have been the burial site of Bulgarian revolutionary Georgi Benkovski, archeologists said that the bones found were much older than his time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finland Halts Regular Travel from Estonia as Part of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » Humanoid Robots Find Increasingly New Niches Amid Pandemic
- » Politico: Bulgaria’s Bumpy Road to Vaccination Targets
- » Trials of Magical Anti-Covid Nasal Spray Started off in UK
- » Germany Will Buy The Covid Drug Used on Donald Trump
- » Oxfam Report: Pandemic Makes The Rich Get Richer And The Poor Get Poorer