Crisp Chicken with Sherry-Vinegar Sauce
4 chicken breast halves (2 to 2 1/2 lb total), with skin and bone, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped, 3/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/3 cup Sherry vinegar, 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, 2 teaspoons mild honey, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 450В°F.
Pat chicken dry and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. 3Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sear skin side of chicken until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
Transfer chicken, skin side up, with tongs to a large shallow baking pan (reserve skillet) and roast until chicken is just cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Let chicken stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook garlic in reserved skillet over moderately high heat, stirring, until pale golden, 15 to 30 seconds. Add paprika, then immediately add vinegar, stirring and scraping up any brown bits, and boil 1 minute.
Add broth and honey and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until incorporated. Season with salt and serve with chicken.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects