Bulgaria's National Theatre Stages All That Jazz Premiere
This is the first theatre performance of the 1979 film musical of Bob Fosse ever done in the whole world.
The man behind this project is Boris Pankin. He translated, adapted for stage and directed the play.
"This will not only be the premiere of the musical, but also its world premiere, because no one has ever staged it before. This is also the biggest ever theatre performance in Bulgaria", said Pankin.
A total of 44 actors have been engaged to participate in the play. Spectators will see the actor Niki Sotirov as Joe Gideon and feel "all that that work, all that glitter, all that pain, all that love, all that crazy rhythm, all that jazz".
"All That Jazz" is made after the deconstructionist 1979 film musical by the same name of the director and choreographer Bob Fosse. In it he tells his own story as he details the sordid life of Joe Gideon, a womanising, drug-using dancer.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects