Sacred Relics Arrive for New Church Opening in Sofia
The sanctification of the church coincided with the arrival of the revered relics that will only spend a day in Bulgaria's capital before they move on to the Danube city of Ruse.
Sofia Mayor Boyko Borisov attended the ceremony that was performed by Nikolay, Bishop of Znepol. The church has been renovated with cash from Sofia Municipality.
After the solemn ceremony the relics were taken to the St George Rotunda, where worshipers can see them throughout the day.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Protests in Bulgaria: March and "Patriotic Omelet" at the Protest in Sofia Last Night
- » Bulgaria: The Police Removed the Tent Camps of the Protesters All Over the Country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 297 Newly Registered Cases, 13014 Total
- » Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water
- » Evacuation in Italy After Mont Blanc Glacier Threatens to Fall