Bulgaria's Topalov Threatens to Quit over Kramnik's Bathroom Visits
In a press release to the Organizing Committee of the match, Topalov's manager Silvio Danailov says the careful study of the video recordings from the rest rooms done by the technical experts of the Bulgarian team revealed that after each move Kramnik immediately headed to the rest room and from it directly to the bathroom.
During every game he visited the relaxation room 25 times at the average and the bathroom more than 50 times - the bathroom is the only place without video surveillance, the press release says.
"Unlike Mr. Kramnik, the World Champion Veselin Topalov spends his time mainly at the playing table. The average number of times he visited the rest room and the bathroom is 8 and 4 respectively."
Danailov point outs that the bathroom is the only place without video or audio surveillance and says the facts are quite strange, if not suspicious.
Topalov's team insists the use of the rest rooms and the adjacent bathrooms for both players to be allowed only with permission from the Arbiter and accompanied by an assistant arbiter.
"Should this extremely serious problem remain unsolved by 10.00 o'clock tomorrow (September 29th, 2006), we would seriously reconsider the participation of the World Champion Veselin Topalov in this match," the letter concludes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Cup 2022: Riots in Belgium and the Netherlands after Morocco's Victory
- » World Cup 2022: Japan with a memorable Comeback - Stun Germany 2-1
- » World Cup 2022 sensation: Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina
- » Qatar 2022: Iran's Players refused to sing their National Anthem
- » The World is Football! World Cup 2022 in Qatar begins
- » Beer will be Banned from World Cup stadiums in Qatar