Spanish Flamenco Chill Brings Autumn Thrills to Sofia
Recognized as founders of the flamenco chill genre, Chambao heated up the passions in Sofia's National Palace of Culture on Saturday night and offered avangarde vision and the rare sounds of African percussion instruments.
Organizers had prepared special flooring as lead vocal La Mari always performs barefoot, "making her feel at home", as she puts it.
Since they gathered in 2001, Chambao took the world by storm with the unique new flamenco chill style that adds a modern "chill out" twist to the traditions of passionate flamenco. The trio already has three fast-selling albums "Flamenco Chill", "Endorfinas en la Mente" and "Pokito a Poko".
"It isn't pure flamenco, it's pure Chambao," the band says. "It is a vision, a development and a way of bringing flamenco closer to more people."
Chambao's first trip to Bulgaria was organized with the help of Spain's embassy in Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Protests in Bulgaria: March and "Patriotic Omelet" at the Protest in Sofia Last Night
- » Bulgaria: The Police Removed the Tent Camps of the Protesters All Over the Country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 297 Newly Registered Cases, 13014 Total
- » Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water
- » Evacuation in Italy After Mont Blanc Glacier Threatens to Fall