Science: Sunless Tan Invented
They have developed a cream, which has not yet been tested on humans, that switches on the tanning machinery in skin cells.
The study, by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Children's Hospital Boston, is published in Nature.
The cream contains a small molecule that essentially mimics the process that occurs when skin cells are struck by ultraviolet light from the sun.
The breakthrough also raises the prospect of a new way to protect fair-skinned people from skin cancer caused by exposure to sunlight.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects