A STATE OF EMERGENCY HAS BEEN DECLARED IN LIBERIA AMID FEARS THAT AN A...
World | February 9, 2002, Saturday // 00:00
A state of emergency has been declared in Liberia amid fears that an armed rebellion is close to the capital city. The government said its forces had driven rebels from Kley junction, just 22 miles from the capital, the to Monrovia they have come to the city since the West African country's latest war erupted in mid-2000. The state of emergency was called by Liberian President Charles Taylor, who came to power in elections following a civil war in 1997.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Leading Chinese Scientist: Don't rule out COVID-19 coming from a Lab
- » Day 461 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit Moscow with Drone Attacks
- » Oil Prices fall against the background of a Deal being reached on the US Debt Ceiling
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 460 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Missile Attack in the Morning and at Noon