US MILITARY OFFICIALS SAY THEIR FORCES IN SOUTHERN AFGHANISTAN ARE QUE...
World | February 9, 2002, Saturday // 00:00
US military officials say their forces in southern Afghanistan are questioning the foreign minister of the ousted Taleban administration - Wakil Ahmad Mutawakil. Afghan officials earlier transferred Mr Mutawakil to the US military base at Kandahar, the US officials said. The city was formerly the centre of Taleban power. Mr Mutawakil was a close associate of the fugitive Taleban leader, Mullah Mohammad Omar, and correspondents say he is the highest-ranking Taleban official so far to be taken into custody.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: NATO will deploy 700 more soldiers in Kosovo
- » Leading Chinese Scientist: Don't rule out COVID-19 coming from a Lab
- » Day 461 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit Moscow with Drone Attacks
- » Oil Prices fall against the background of a Deal being reached on the US Debt Ceiling
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo