SLALOM SKIER WITH THE BULGARIAN FLAG IN SALT LAKE CITY
The 2002 Olympic Games got under way Friday in Salt Lake City amid patriotism and pride. The Opening Ceremony was highlighted by the arrival of the World Trade Center flag and the lighting of the cauldron by the 1980 U.S. hockey team. President Bush, linking patriotic and Olympic virtues at the Winter Games, said the competition will produce "lasting memories of laughter and triumph" that will help America and the world overcome the Sept. 11 attacks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK
- » International Cycling Tour of Bulgaria is Back