AS INDIAN AND PAKISTANI TROOPS STAGE A TENSE STAND-OFF ALONG THEIR COM...
World | February 9, 2002, Saturday // 00:00
As Indian and Pakistani troops stage a tense stand-off along their common border, India's defense minister announced a major arms deal with Russia on Friday. A Russian delegation headed by Deputy Prime Minister Ilya Klebanov has been negotiating in New Delhi since Wednesday. The deal includes India's purchase of long-range strategic bombers, the continued shipment of T90 tanks and several decommissioned fighter aircraft. The nations have also vowed to continue cooperating on technological advances, and Russia will consider providing global surveillance systems.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Leading Chinese Scientist: Don't rule out COVID-19 coming from a Lab
- » Day 461 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit Moscow with Drone Attacks
- » Oil Prices fall against the background of a Deal being reached on the US Debt Ceiling
- » 25 NATO soldiers were Injured in Clashes in Kosovo
- » Clashes between police and Serbs in Northern Kosovo
- » Day 460 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Missile Attack in the Morning and at Noon