BROADCAST MEDIA DID NOT CARRY NEWS BULLETINS ON FEBRUARY 7TH AND THERE...
World | February 7, 2002, Thursday // 00:00
Broadcast media did not carry news bulletins on February 7th and there will be no newspapers on February 8th in Greece because journalists are holding a 24-hour strike. The national federation of journalists’ unions (POESY) and the Athens union (ESIEA) called the strike demanding pay increases and a number of institutional changes. They also want owners to sign a collective wage agreement and to apply rules of ethics. ESIEA President Aristides Manolakos called for a five-day week for journalists and “work conditions that do not exhaust journalists, allow them to work with dignity and do not make them the pawns of expediency.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Iran has developed a Hypersonic Missile
- » Mike Pence will Run for US President in 2024
- » Day 468 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Destruction at the Nova Kakhovka Dam - Either Intentional or Accidental by the Russians
- » Day 467 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv claims Ignorance of a possible Counteroffensive
- » Serbia: 68,000 Weapons were Handed Over to authorities
- » OPEC+ will continue Oil Output Cuts as Prices remain Unchanged