Bulgarian Prosecutors After Nationalist MP's Immunity
The prosecution has gathered enough evidence to accuse Chernev of hooliganism and causing light bodily injury to Ivaylo Dachov.
Velchev decided that the Supreme Prosecution should look into the case and see whether the district attorney was right in claiming the MP immunity.
In 2005 Chernev beat up Dachov before the office of Skat TV, where nationalists Ataka (Attack) leader Volen Siderov has a show. Chernev was expelled from the party after a row with Siderov over a car incident at Bulgaria's Trakiya highway.
The MP turned against his leader, admitting that he had coerced him into lying before authorities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Another Legislative Veto by President
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Ananiev with Four New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation
- » Official: EU Opens Borders to 14 Third Countries
- » Government of India Bans 59 Mobile Apps
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov, Health Minister and NOH Discussed the Distribution of COVID-19 in Bulgaria