UK Lets You in With a Bitter Taste in Your Mouth
Indeed the treatment of honest Bulgarian citizens who need to travel to the UK can be rather insulting for them. Last year we were invited to take my small team of inline skaters to Manchester for a competition and I needed visas for 2 of my inline skaters and my wife. I submitted a nice encyclopaedia worth of documents and information, bank statements, invitation letters and guarantees. Myself and my two guys spent a whole day at the British embassy and when we finally had our interview at almost the end of the day (hard cases hour) I was under the impression the officer in charge of our case had not read anything. We did get our short term visas; although I paid the full amount for a short stay visa for my guys they were given a one week visa instead, in essence we were ripped off- we paid for 6months and get 1 week.
Arriving in England we had to go through another interview. I thought having an Australian passport would make my life easier it did not! After the nice interrogation we were allowed into the country. We did what we had to do and left England. Yes we were allowed in but somehow it left a little bitter taste in my mouth.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Snow on Epiphany Morning in a Soviet Era Sofia Apartment
- » Final US Presidential Debate: Trump May Have Decreased Chance of Success
- » The Second US Presidential Debate: Observations and Analysis
- » Observations on the First Clinton-Trump Debate
- » A Letter to the Azerbaijani People
- » A Day (or 3) in the Life of an Englishman in Haskovo