Bulgaria's Economic and Social Committee "Sets Example"
The President of the European Economic and Social Committee Anne-Marie Sigmund, who is on a visit to Sofia, pointed out that the institution is fully supporting Bulgaria's timely accession to the European Union.
Still, if the safeguard clause for Justice and Home Affairs becomes effective, Bulgaria should not see that fact as punishment, but as an invitation to get to work and complete the tasks, Anne-Marie Sigmund underlined.
Tuesday was the last day of the official visit of President of the European Economic and Social Committee. She was accompanied by EESC Secretary General Patrick Venturini. The two leaders of one of the most influential European institutions in Brussels had meetings with Bulgaria's Parliamentary Spokesman Georgi Pirinski and Prime Minister Sergey Stanishev.
The delegation also participated in the plenary session of the Economic and Social Council of Bulgaria, where the Annual Report on the Activities of ESC in 2005 was be adopted.
The delegation's visit was at the invitation of the Economic and Social Council of Bulgaria. EESC, due to its status, obligatorily comments in advance important decisions that the European Commission has to take.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria