Bulgaria Should Keep Pace of Reforms - Open Society Report
The report, which was presented and handed to Euro-Affairs Minister Meglena Kuneva on Sunday, assesses the implementation of the engagements in the areas of serious concern highlighted in the EU Executive unit report from October.
The European Commission monitoring report on Bulgaria singled out five areas of serious concern in the adoption and implementation of the EU legal order - freedom to provide services, company law, agriculture, regional policy and justice and home affairs.
Due to delay and inefficiency in the implementation of key reforms in the fields of Agriculture and Justice and Home Affairs, experts warned of the risk of enforcing safeguard clauses, particularly in the justice field.
Two months before a new monitoring report is issued, 88% of the measures, planned by the Bulgarian government to overcome the delay in the critical areas, have been more or less implemented, the report says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria