Monitoring on Bulgaria Was the Strictest - Van Orden
During the last EU expansion ten countries joined at once, van Order said for the joint parliamentary committee Bulgaria-EU, and it would be sad if Bulgaria and Romania turn out the victims. The question was whether the glass was seen as half-full or half-empty he added.
According to van Orden Bulgaria had come a long way in its EU integration, but there was still a lot to be desired especially in areas like justice, and the fight against crime and corruption. He did note that many successes had also been achieved in these areas, and that the country is currently working very diligently.
"We should pressure Bulgaria," van Orden said, "but we don't want to suffocate the patient."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria