Constitutional Amendments "No Guarantee" Against Safeguard Clause
It is a historical day for Bulgaria and we are getting closer to the country's entry in the EU, he also commented. In his words these amendments are necessary for the country and its life.
I remain an optimist for Bulgaria's timely entry in to the union, van Orden pointed out after Bulgaria's MPs approved on third reading the amendments in the country's Constitution.
Geoffrey van Orden is to draw a report on the progress made by Bulgaria since the latest conclusions by the EC issued in October 2005. After approval in the European Parliament, the document will be used as a basis for the next report of Brussels, due in May.
The session is expected to issue a final declaration.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria