Money Laundry Among Main EU Concerns for Bulgaria
He also admitted that so far there is no verdict imposed in such cases.
In the partners' check on the "Justice and Home Affairs" chapter there are common statements for the lack of opposition to organized crime and corruption, Velchev underlined.
The EU experts have also pointed out that there is tension between the Bulgarian bureau for financial investigation and the other legal institutions. The report says that corruption at high levels, organized crime and big part of the grey economy are lowering the efficiency of the system for fight against money laundry.
Bulgaria's top prosecutor also commented that the latest amendments in the Constitution establish no intervention in the work of the judiciary.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria