Bulgaria's Drivers Licenses Unchanged by 2015
The drivers' licenses will have to be changed after 2015 when a special chip will be installed in the licenses, Bulgaria's transport minister explained.
Mutafchiev participated a meeting of the council of the European transport ministers, who agreed to create an EU-wide driving license which will replace over 100 existing national versions with a credit-card style document valid across the bloc.
The new license is aimed at preventing fraud and making security checks easier, but also at simplifying life for ordinary Europeans moving between EU states and facing varying rules for renewal of documentation.
Member states will have until 2012 to start issuing the new licenses although previous licenses will not have to be changed before 2032.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria