European Parliament Likely to Rule on Bulgaria before Commission
In what is a highly unusual unfolding of the procedure, the European parliament is expected to vote on April 25-26, while the crucial report of the EU executive body is due in the middle of May, Atanas Paparisov said during his visit to Bulgaria's second-biggest town of Plovdiv.
He underlined that the safeguard clause, which would postpone Bulgaria's accession by one year till 2008, will be enforced in case the country fails to make sufficient progress in no more than three critical areas.
Brussels has repeatedly stated that the required legislative framework must be completed in Bulgaria, but even more important is the implementation of new laws and reforms, tangible results in the judiciary, fight against organized crime and corruption.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria