Indictment against Underworld Bosses in Court Within A Week
The two brothers are charged with plotting three murders. Former Foreign Minister General Lyubomir Gotsev, Todorov- Doktora, killed in Sofia in February, and the businessman Nikola Damyanov are said to have been the targets of the murders masterminded by the two notorious brothers.
The chief prosecutor did not say whether they will be charged for the murder of Todorov, shot dead downtown Sofia February 22, some 4 months after the arrest of the two brothers.
The fact that the Marguins were in jail at the time of the killing does not offer them an alibi, investigator Andrey Tsvetanov commented days after Todorov's murder. In his words the preparation of the three plotted murders was ready ahead of the Marguins' arrests.
Velchev also explained that a new division will be formed. The new department, which will include Bulgaria's top prosecutors will fight against crime and corruption.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation