Romanian Nun Crucified to Death
Novice Irina Cornici died last year during an exorcist ritual at a nunnery in Tanacu, north-eastern Romania. Forensics have found she was killed by food and water deprivation.
Her body had been tied against a make-shift cross, said the conclusions of the Supervisory Forensic Committee in Bucharest as quoted by Romania's Mediafax news agency.
A priest and four nuns have tied the young novice in an attempt "to free her from the devil". They were arrested last June, but the court set them free a month later over procedure breaches.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation