THE UNITED NATIONS SAYS AFGHANISTAN IS CLOSE TO BANKRUPTCY AND NEEDS F...
World | January 15, 2002, Tuesday // 00:00
The United Nations says Afghanistan is close to bankruptcy and needs funds immediately. Ahmed Fawzi, spokesman for the UN special representative for Afghanistan, said the national kitty was now below $10m. Recently, Planning Minister Haji Mohammed Mohaqiq said: "We have a zero budget." In a move to ease Afghanistan's economic plight, the UN is to accelerate the process of removing sanctions imposed on the former Taleban regime.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 396 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia will deploy Tactical Nukes in Belarus
- » Day 395 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Moscow’s Advance in Bakhmut is Slowing Down
- » Biden: US does not seek Conflict with Iran but will respond "Forcefully" to protect its Personnel
- » Day 394 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West must Prepare for a Long War, according to NATO Chief
- » North Korea tested an Underwater Nuclear-Capable Attack Drone
- » New Protests in France against the Pension Reform turned into Riots