Bulgarians' Meltdown Recognised as National Security Threat
He convened Monday a meeting of the Consultative Council on National Security (CCNS) and added for the first time to the agenda the issue of Bulgarian population's meltdown.
The adverse demographic statistics in Bulgaria have already become an issue of the national security, President Parvanov stated. These alarming processes have a negative effect on certain social fields as well, he said.
In conclusion, the national security body decided to draw a strategy to overcome the demographic crisis in the eight-million country, where worst predictions see a population decrease down to five million by 2050. The strategy is to coin mechanisms to decrease birth and child rates, as well as to envision stimuli for families to take care after their children.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's head of state urged that the issue becomes an object of a broad-ranging public and political debate. He stressed on the importance to actively involve NGOs and media into the debate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece: Leader of Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn Group, Michaloliakos, Jailed for 13 Years
- » EC Sent Letter to Bulgaria About the Citizenship by Investment Scheme
- » Survey: Decline in Support for GERB in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President Radev Is Taking Part in Three Seas Summit in Estonia
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva is Paying Visit to Hungary
- » Belarus: Demonstrations Against Lukashenko Continue