President's Christmas Charity to Begin
"Bulgarian Christmas" kicks in December 1 to raise funds for drugs and medical facilities and help children in need.
The traditional campaign is organized by Georgi Parvanov's office with the assistance of the BNT and NOVA television channels.
This year, a special website has been launched to explain the aims of the move, and instruct people how to donate money. The site http://www.bgkoleda.bg explains that short messaging to 1117 (for subscribers of MTel and GloBul) and calls to 0900 1117 (for fixed lines) allots one lev (about 0.5 euro) for the campaign.
A number of Bulgarian celebrities and artists are featured on the website with their appeals to support the campaign - like Olympic champion Maria Grozdeva, artist Svetlin Roussev and Sylvie Vartan, the Bulgaria-born music superstar.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Temperatures Up to 29 °
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 189 Newly Registered Cases in 6042 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 71: Protesters Demand the Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva - Speaker of the National Assembly
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » Bulgaria: Eight Teachers from Sofia's School Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Saints Sophia, Faith, Hope and Love