A STATE OF SIEGE WAS DECLARED IN ARGENTINA, AS UP TO SIX PEOPLE WERE K...
World | December 20, 2001, Thursday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
A state of siege was declared in Argentina, as up to six people were killed in clashes with police and dozens more were injured. Argentine Economy Minister Domingo Cavallo quit along with the rest of the cabinet on Thursday amid the worst civil unrest in a decade triggered by the austerity measures he introduced. The state of siege - which lasts 30 days - brings security forces nationwide under the direct command of the government and gives it sweeping powers to make arrests.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » President Putin Submitted a Package of Constitutional Amendments to Parliament
- » Tehran Won't Withdraw from the 2015 Nuclear Deal?
- » Berlin Summit: The World Leaders Reached an Agreement on Libya
- » The British Government is Considering Moving the House of Lords Outside London
- » Jordan's Parliament Passed a Bill Banning Gas Imports from Israel
- » World Leaders Gather in Berlin to Discuss the Libyan Crisis