Bulgarian Astronomers Join Thracian Tombs Excavations
The astronomers are set to make a spatial photo of the 15 found graves found at the valley so far. They will also have to disclose how the tombs were designed and constructed.
In the beginning of July archaeologists digging in the excavations of ancient Thracian tombs in Bulgaria disclosed the first for this summer Thracian temple.
The head of the expedition Dr Georgi Kitov said that the temple has been robbed in the ancient times. He also explained that the temple had two pillars. Data about that temple dates back to 1898 when the region was explored by the famous Skorpil brothers.
TEMP is famous for discovering some of the most sensational Thracian finds over the last several years. The team of Georgi Kitov has uncovered several Thracian tombs in the Kazanlak Kettle, which gave it the name Valley of Thracian Kings.
Last summer, the expedition discovered the sepulchre of King Sevt III, a mighty Thracian ruler.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Girl and a Woman Died in a Car Accident near Dimitrovgrad
- » Bulgarian Health Inspector: The Peak of the Flu Epidemic is expected at the end of January and the first week of February
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 153 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be mostly Cloudy
- » Bulgaria: Pregnant Woman and a Child were Injured after a Police Car Chase with Migrants
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 221 New Cases in the Last 24 hours