Foreigners are not Safe in Bulgaria
I have been assaulted and badly injured by three security guards in the restaurant Casablanca on the beach of Sozopol last Sunday. It happened after a fight talk with my Bulgarian girlfriend. The policemen who came lately didn' t speak a word of English and nobody was helpful and understandable in my favour.
I'm French. If such event happens in a Paris restaurant (a misbehavior between a couple) it is obvious no security guards would appear to quick your face in front of everybody.
So it is a problem foreigners must acknowledge when coming in Sozopol and I fear in most part of Bulgaria. Foreign people there are not safe from physical injuries and robberies - I noticed three cases of robberies on foreigners in one night at the Sozopol police station.
The fact is, Bulgaria is a violent society, obviously unready to enter in two years in European union.
So stop to bother people with pretending hooliganism coming from the two teenage Britons from Golden Sands case. It is obvious they have been harassed first.
Sincere salutation for the work of novinite,
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Snow on Epiphany Morning in a Soviet Era Sofia Apartment
- » Final US Presidential Debate: Trump May Have Decreased Chance of Success
- » The Second US Presidential Debate: Observations and Analysis
- » Observations on the First Clinton-Trump Debate
- » A Letter to the Azerbaijani People
- » A Day (or 3) in the Life of an Englishman in Haskovo