Revamped Ledenika Draws Thousands
The spectacular site welcomed a week ago the first tourists after renovation works.
Bulgaria spent BGN 800,000 (approximately EUR 400,000) for building an elevator for the disabled, as well as for upgrading the lighting equipment.
More than 2,000 Bulgarian and international guests have visited the cave since June 26.
The cave is situated in the northwestern part of the Stresherski Balkan in the Vratsa Mountain, 16 km from the town of Vratsa.
Its entrance is at the lowest part of the Ledenika land depression, at an altitude of 830 metres.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Protests in Bulgaria: March and "Patriotic Omelet" at the Protest in Sofia Last Night
- » Bulgaria: The Police Removed the Tent Camps of the Protesters All Over the Country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 297 Newly Registered Cases, 13014 Total