Bulgarians Mark Midsummer Day
On June 24 the sun reaches its highest point in the sky, after which the distant beginning of the winter can be felt.
It is believed that on this day herbs have strongest medical power.
According to tradition, on Enyovden children and adults roll in dewy fields and have a bath in rivers and brooks in the woods.
The women twine flowers and herbs into a wreath and everybody passes through it three times as a ritual for health and fertility.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 Newly Registered Cases in 1275 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 32: Three Key Crossroads Remain Blocked
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 134 Newly Registered Cases, 13343 Total
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests