Bulgaria's Indiana Jones Resumes Thracian Excavations
The tomb at the Goljamata Kosmatka site has revealed one of richest Thracian tombs known from the times of Antiquity.
It was later identified to have belonged to the mighty Thracian King Seutus III. One of the tomb's chambers contained a bronze helmet, a delicate two-handled gold drinking cup and three amphorae as well as ten spears, a sword, a round shield and leg armour.
The Thracian royal tomb will be officially opened for public visits Wednesday and it is expected that Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg will attend it as well, local municipal officials have said.
Prominent archeologist Georgi Kitov, whose findings brought him the fame of Bulgaria's Indiana Jones, plans to present his latest book "The Land of Bulgaria. Cradle of Thracian Culture" on June 30 in Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Girl and a Woman Died in a Car Accident near Dimitrovgrad
- » Bulgarian Health Inspector: The Peak of the Flu Epidemic is expected at the end of January and the first week of February
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 153 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be mostly Cloudy
- » Bulgaria: Pregnant Woman and a Child were Injured after a Police Car Chase with Migrants
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 221 New Cases in the Last 24 hours