Bulgarians Walk against World Hunger
The walk-on-foot charity event "Walk The World" was organized by the UN World Food Program (WFP) and its partner TNT, global provider of express, logistics and mail service, this Sunday on the outskirts of Vitosha Mountain. Some BGN 1,500 were raised to be transferred to the WFP bank account to fight hunger.
Special guest of the event were a Roma folkore ensemble who supported the event within their music.
The first "Walk the World" event held last year in 72 countries and raised money enough to fund meals for over 30,000 school children in the developing world.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects