Sofia - "Balkan Backwater Turns Belle"
"Prices were a third of what they were at home in Los Angeles, a fourth of what they were in most of Europe. A cup of coffee costs about 20 cents in Sofia, a fine three-course meal with a couple of glasses of good wine, USD 9 to USD 12."
The author points out that the capital has so long been disparaged as a Balkan backwater.
"I was in Bulgaria because I had heard it was cheap, pretty and fun. I started in Sofia only because that's where the airport is. After 24 hours here, I scrapped my plan. No trains, no historic villages. Just Sofia."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Protests in Bulgaria: March and "Patriotic Omelet" at the Protest in Sofia Last Night
- » Bulgaria: The Police Removed the Tent Camps of the Protesters All Over the Country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 297 Newly Registered Cases, 13014 Total