Forks&Corks: Strawberry Shortcake
7 1/2 cups strawberries, trimmed and quartered
1/3 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar, or to taste
1 cup chilled heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
6 buttermilk biscuits
Toss strawberries with granulated sugar in a large bowl and let stand 5 minutes. Gently press strawberries with potato masher to help release their juices, being careful not to crush them to a pulp. Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Beat together heavy cream, sour cream, confectioners sugar (to taste), and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until it holds a soft shape (not stiff).
Split biscuits horizontally with a fork and arrange 2 halves, split sides up, on each of 6 plates. Top with strawberries and juices, then with whipped cream.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 3.4-Magnitute Earthquake in Vrancea, Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 Newly Registered Cases in 1275 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 32: Three Key Crossroads Remain Blocked
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 134 Newly Registered Cases, 13343 Total
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests