Bulgaria Joins World to Mark Environment Day
The chalk drawing competition, named "Green Cities", was a part of long range of events, organized all across Bulgaria to mark June 5.
The competition, which took place at the Borissova Garden in the heart of the city, ended with a concert of some of children's favourite Bulgarian singers.
Bulgaria joined more than 100 countries worldwide in the celebrations of World Environment Day, promoting the idea of "green cities".
Almost half the world lives in cities and a third of these people dwell in slums and squatter settlements, mainly in the developing world. Air pollution is a major problem.
The UN estimates that more than 60% of people will live in cities by 2030.
This year's World Environment Day focused on ways of making cities more environmentally friendly and resource-efficient.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Protests in Bulgaria: March and "Patriotic Omelet" at the Protest in Sofia Last Night
- » Bulgaria: The Police Removed the Tent Camps of the Protesters All Over the Country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 297 Newly Registered Cases, 13014 Total