Forks&Corks: Grilled Spiced Mushrooms
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dried hot red pepper flakes
1 small garlic clove, minced
half a kilo medium white mushrooms, stems trimmed flush with caps
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas). (If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill, then light charcoal. When Charcoal turns grayish white (about 15 minutes from lighting), hold your hand 5 inches above grill rack to determine heat for charcoal as follows: Hot: When you can hold your hand there for 1 to 2 seconds; Medium-hot: 3 to 4 seconds; Low: 5 to 6 seconds. If using a gas grill, preheat burners on high, covered, 10 minutes, then, if necessary, reduce to heat specified in recipe.)
While coals are lighting, heat a dry small heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron) over moderately low heat until hot, then toast coriander and cumin seeds, shaking skillet frequently, until a shade darker, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer seeds to mortar or grinder and cool completely, about 3 minutes, then finely grind.
Transfer ground-spice mixture to a large bowl, then mash into softened butter along with parsley, red pepper flakes (to taste), and garlic until combined well.
Toss mushrooms with oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl, then grill on lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, 12 to 14 minutes total. Quarter mushrooms while still hot, then toss with butter mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects