Health: How to Fight Migraine Attacks
If you are not sure whether your headaches are migraine, see your doctor for a diagnosis and advice on how to avoid triggers and relieve the pain.
Caffeine in coffee, tea and chocolate, as well as aged cheese and alcohol (especially red wine) are among the food products regarded as migraine-activators. The headaches are also likely to become more frequent in times of stress, tiredness, climatic or hormonal change.
At the first symptom of an attack take a painkiller, like aspirin. Lying down in a quiet and darkened room is usually helpful, as migraine is commonly associated with extreme sensitivity to light and sound.
Cold compresses could also bring some relief.
If the headaches become too frequent and tend to continue for more than several hours, your doctor might choose to prescribe you a drug to be taken daily as a preventive.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warm and Windy Sunday
- » Third Day in a Row: The Protest in Bulgaria Ended Wthout Escalations
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 211 Newly Registered Cases of Coronavirus
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees