Carreras Enchants Sofia Audience
The world-famed tenor presented Verdi and Puccini's pieces. Bulgaria's soprano Tsvetelina Maldzhanska, who had been personally approved by the opera star, performed together with him on the stage.
At Carreras' request there were no cameramen and only one photo reporter allowed to the concert hall.
Besides insuring the concert equipment and his team Jose Carreras insured also his audience.
The performance of Carreras here was part of the Salon of Arts program and all events in relation to the May 24 celebrations dedicated to Bulgarian letters and culture.
Carreras was born on December 5, 1946 in Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia. At eight he gave his first public performance, singing ‘La Donna e Mobile' on Spanish National Radio. At eleven, he was on the stage of Barcelona's opera house, the Gran Teatro del Liceo, singing the boy soprano role of the narrator in de Falla's El retablo de Maese Pedro.
He studied at first with Francisco Puig and later with Juan Ruax, whom he has described as his artistic father.
Since 1988, Carreras has dedicated an important part of his time and energy to the "Jose Carreras International Leukaemia Foundation". A charity he founded to raise necessary funds to fight against leukaemia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Temperatures Up to 29 °
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 189 Newly Registered Cases in 6042 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 71: Protesters Demand the Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva - Speaker of the National Assembly
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » Bulgaria: Eight Teachers from Sofia's School Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Saints Sophia, Faith, Hope and Love