Authentic Italian Dishes Tempt Gourmets to Sofia
From May 27 until June 5 Sofia citizens will have the chance to try them during the Italian Food Festival taking place in Seasons Restaurant at Hilton Sofia.
Chefs Anna-Maria Barbieri and Jessica Lupelli from the "Modena a Tavola" Consortium will present the authentic cuisine of the Modena region, including balsamic vinegar, Parmiggiano Reggiano chesse, Prosciutto di Modena (ham) and various wines.
The guest chefs will also prepare a delectable buffet offering an excellent selection of appetizers, fresh pasta, risotto, tempting meat and fish dishes and mouth-watering desserts.
Live cooking station will be available in the evening.
The basic elements of Modenese cookery came from the fields and the kitchen garden, from the transformation of the meats and milk of domestic animals. Today, the recipes of the past have been enriched with new aromas and re-elaborated by the professional skill and creativity of chefs and restaurateurs: but the classic flavours of their native culture remain intact.
The Italian Food Festival is organised within the annual Italian festival of culture and arts which was open on May 18.
This is the second year that Bulgaria is hosting the popular festival, a sign of the significance Italy attaches to this Balkan country as a business partner and cultural communicator.
Festivities of culinary, fashion, furniture design, arts and cinema are scheduled by the organisers from the Italian Foreign Trade Institute and the Italian Cultural Institute under the patronage of Ambassador to Sofia Gian Battista Campagnola.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Minister of Health: Bulgaria Ranks 8th in Mortality from COVID-19 in Europe
- » Mass Inspections for Wearing Masks in Public Transport in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Returns on Weekends, Temp Up to 30 Degrees
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Main Topic - Report of the European Commission on the Rule of Law
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 286 Newly Registered Cases, 12 Died
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Health Introduces Three New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation