Residents on Protest against Bansko Ski Zone Project
The EBRD, having 20% equity in Bulgaria's First Investment Bank, finances a major project for the construction of a ski zone in the area of Bansko.
According to protestors coming mainly from various ecological organisations, the project comes into breach with Bulgarian and international law, as well as with the EBRD's Environmental Procedures.
They fear the major investment and urbanization of the mountainous area will affect the natural balance, pollution and shortage of water, erosion and obliteration of virgin woods to result in the loss of local biodiversity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “Democratic Bulgaria” wants Military Aid for Ukraine in the first days of the New Parliament
- » Bulgaria: "Vazrazhdane" will Not Support a Cabinet with a Мandate from another party
- » Bulgaria: GERB offers Negotiations to Everyone - Borissov doesn’t want to be PM or MP
- » North Macedonia's President: I will Not Negotiate History with Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's President: Ukraine in NATO after a Peaceful Settlement of the Conflict between Kyiv and Moscow
- » Elections in Bulgaria: BSP will Not Form a Coalition with GERB and its Leader will Not Resign