Bulgaria Marks Anniversary of Space "Greenhouse"
Under it, cosmonauts working on the Russian orbital spaceship "Mir" are able to grow by themselves fresh vegetables.
The first spatial greenhouse left for "Mir" in 1990 and grew their first "special" salads, Dr Tanya Ilieva, director of Bulgaria's Space Research Institute.
Bulgaria joined the scientific research of open space in 1969 and now ranks sixth in the world as per cosmonauts sent there - Georgi Ivanov and Alexander Alexandrov.
The Balkan country comes next to spatial giants US and Russia in the development and production of spatial foods. Moreover, Bulgaria has fully equipped two Earth satellites - Intercosmos and Meteor-Priroda.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sunday Times: Scientists in China Discovered a Virus Close to COVID-19 Seven Years Ago?
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Interior Marks its Professional Holiday, Trade Union Protests Today, July 5
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 180 Newly Registered Cases on July 5, 5677 Total
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea