Bulgarian Church Recognises PM's Kingship
Speaking to bTV private channel, Russe Metropolitan Bishop Neofit reminded that Simeon had never officially announced he was abdicating.
Simeon Saxe-Coburg was crown prince at the age of nine when his family was expelled from the country by the post-WWII communist regime in 1948. They fled first to Egypt and then to Madrid in Spain where he received his education, got married and raised his five children.
In 2001 Simeon Saxe-Coburg returned to Bulgaria on the wings of landslide victory in general elections and since heads Bulgarian government.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BSP will decide before the Elections whether they Recognize the Referendums in the Occupied Territories in Ukraine
- » Bulgaria: 11 People Detained in Burgas in Police Operation against Crime and Vote Buying
- » Bulgarian General: The Pentagon can Strike Pre-Emptively if Russia puts its Nuclear Forces On Alert
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker PM: Russia's Actions are Unacceptable and Directly Violate the UN Charter
- » "Mediana": GERB leads with nearly 10% over “We Continue the Change” in Early Election Survey
- » Bulgaria will Not Recognize the Referendums in Ukraine