Bulgarian Church Recognises PM's Kingship
Speaking to bTV private channel, Russe Metropolitan Bishop Neofit reminded that Simeon had never officially announced he was abdicating.
Simeon Saxe-Coburg was crown prince at the age of nine when his family was expelled from the country by the post-WWII communist regime in 1948. They fled first to Egypt and then to Madrid in Spain where he received his education, got married and raised his five children.
In 2001 Simeon Saxe-Coburg returned to Bulgaria on the wings of landslide victory in general elections and since heads Bulgarian government.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Democratic Bulgaria: This Government is an Opportunity to Start the Change
- » Consultations with President Radev Continued today with “There Is Such a People
- » "We Continue the Change": We want one of our Representatives in Each Ministry
- » The United States has Confirmed that it will Launch a Diplomatic Boycott of the Beijing Olympics
- » Bulgaria was represented at a Christmas Concert of the EU Delegation to Canada
- » The Editorial office of Bulgarian Newspaper "Trud" Declared Civil Disobedience