SECRETARY OF STATE COLIN POWELL REASSURED NATO ALLY TURKEY ON DECEMBER...
World | December 5, 2001, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Secretary of State Colin Powell reassured NATO ally Turkey on December 5th that the United States had no immediate plans to extend its "war on terrorism" to Turkey's southeastern neighbor Iraq. "The president has made no decision with respect to what the next phase in our campaign against terrorism might be...nor has he received any recommendations yet from his advisors as to what he might do next," Powell said, quoted by Reuters at a joint news conference with Turkish Foreign Minister Ismail Cem. Powell is on a 10-nation tour aimed at shoring up support for the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Petition for Cancellation of Brexit Gathered over 5 Million Signatures
- » The EU Postpones Brexit until May 22 if the London Government Approves the Divorce Deal
- » Three Explosions in Kabul, there are Casualties and Injuries
- » The EU Fined Google with 1.49 Billion Euros
- » Kazakhstan Renames their Capital after Ex-president
- » Greece Has Announced the Exact Route of the New Zealand Striker to the Country
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)