SECRETARY OF STATE COLIN POWELL REASSURED NATO ALLY TURKEY ON DECEMBER...
World | December 5, 2001, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Secretary of State Colin Powell reassured NATO ally Turkey on December 5th that the United States had no immediate plans to extend its "war on terrorism" to Turkey's southeastern neighbor Iraq. "The president has made no decision with respect to what the next phase in our campaign against terrorism might be...nor has he received any recommendations yet from his advisors as to what he might do next," Powell said, quoted by Reuters at a joint news conference with Turkish Foreign Minister Ismail Cem. Powell is on a 10-nation tour aimed at shoring up support for the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » European Socialists Re-elected the Former Bulgarian PM Stanishev as PES President
- » U.S. Says March 1 'Hard Deadline' For Trade Deal with China
- » German Rail Strikes Cause Widespread Delays
- » B92: "Kosovo is tarnishing European Union's reputation"
- » BREXIT BETRAYAL MARCH: Thousands March Through London Demanding HARD Brexit
- » Moscow Concerned Over NATO, EU Attempts to Strengthen Presence in Balkans
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)