SECRETARY OF STATE COLIN POWELL REASSURED NATO ALLY TURKEY ON DECEMBER...
World | December 5, 2001, Wednesday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Secretary of State Colin Powell reassured NATO ally Turkey on December 5th that the United States had no immediate plans to extend its "war on terrorism" to Turkey's southeastern neighbor Iraq. "The president has made no decision with respect to what the next phase in our campaign against terrorism might be...nor has he received any recommendations yet from his advisors as to what he might do next," Powell said, quoted by Reuters at a joint news conference with Turkish Foreign Minister Ismail Cem. Powell is on a 10-nation tour aimed at shoring up support for the U.S.-led war in Afghanistan.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Russia and the UK are Running out of Beer because of the World Cup
- » The Bulgarian Presidency Drives the Debate on the Need to Further Promote Inclusive Education in Europe
- » Transparent and Predictable Working Conditions: Council Reaches General Approach
- » Eurogroup Statement on the Occasion of its 20th Anniversary
- » Easier Access to Professions: Council Adopts New Measures
- » Posting of Workers: Council Adopts the Directive
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)